Innovation Community Webinar: Wednesday 16th November 2022, 12pm – 1.30pm
Innovation Community Launch for Data-Driven Innovation in Health and Social Care
The launch of a new innovation community, led by the Health and Social Care Data-Driven Innovation programme, hosted by the University of Edinburgh Usher Institute on Edinburgh BioQuarter.
Health and social care services are struggling, globally, to manage the demands placed on them by several major challenges – particularly those related to ageing populations living with multiple long-term disorders over several decades.
Putting data at the centre of responses to these challenges is crucial to improving services through research, innovation and planning.
Find out how you can be part of this exciting new community, supporting collaboration between academics, service professionals and industry, to identify, evaluate and adopt new solutions to transform the delivery of care and improve outcomes for people.
Discover more about our unique DataLoch data service and how we can work together to develop products and technologies for challenges such as frailty, and cardiology and respiratory disease.
Facilitated by award-winning health journalist, Pennie Taylor, the session will feature speakers on some of the data-driven innovation opportunities to transform health and social care, with a particular focus on ageing and frailty.
- 12pm: Welcome and introduction from Chair – Pennie Taylor
- 12.05pm: Working together for impact – Dr Marcus Harrison
- 12.15pm: Why place matters – Dr Grace Vickers
- 12.25pm: Using data insights to improve health and care – Dr Atul Anand
- 12.35pm: Enabling technology – Garrett Sprague
- 12.45pm: A frailty challenge: accelerating innovation – Dr Susan Shenkin
- 12.55pm: Panel discussion and Q&A
- 1.20pm: How you can get involved – Dr Marcus Harrison
- 1.25pm: Chair’s closing remarks – Pennie Taylor
- data driven
- health care
- social care
- Usher Institute