Job Opportunity: BioQuarter Events and Marketing Officer
Edinburgh BioQuarter is a leading global destination for healthcare delivery, ground-breaking medical research and life sciences innovation with ambitions to create Scotland’s £1 billion Health Innovation District.
We are seeking an Events and Marketing Officer to be a key part of the BioQuarter programme team, focussing on:
- Growth of the BioQuarter innovation community through a virtual membership network
- Consolidating business development and relationship management processes
- Enhancing on-site collaborations through strategic innovation themes
- Coordination and management of networking events programmes
- Delivering a well-targeted marketing communications strategy
This post is offered on a full-time (35 hours per week), fixed-term contract to 31/12/2023, with potential for extension.
Salary: Grade 6 £28,697 – £34,437 per annum.
Closing date for application is 5pm GMT, 13th May 2022.
Interviews will be held in late May
Vacancy Ref: 3880
Skills, Experience and Attributes for success:
- Experience of developing and running events for specific interest group, in person and offline, covering coordination of audience, speakers, venue, catering, registration processes etc.
- Significant experience of communications plan development and implementation, including development of key messages, copy writing, and commissioning of marketing collateral.
- Experience of social media marketing for information communications and engagement.
- Experience of using IT solutions such as CRM packages to manage contacts, registrations and communications campaigns.
- Experience of engaging with a diverse range of stakeholders, providing a professional client orientated service.
- Experience of establishing and building innovation networks, groups/programmes and internal/external engagement.
Our Innovation Ecosystem:
- BioQuarter is one of the UK’s leading health innovation locations
- BioQuarter boasts an established and growing innovation ecosystem which includes a melting pot of talent working to improve health and care for people across the globe
- BioQuarter’s vision is a to be a global destination for pioneering health innovation and enterprise
- BioQuarter is a destination where health innovation businesses, investors and researchers ‘go to grow’
- We are looking to strengthen interactions and stimulate activity with the existing on-site innovation community
- Our innovation community enables companies across the country, and globally, to connect and engage in the opportunities and innovation challenges emanating from BioQuarter
- The aim is to grow commercial health innovation activity across BioQuarter
- We offer a gateway for spinouts, start-ups, entrepreneurs and investors into our world-leading ecosystem including NHS and University of Edinburgh
As a valued member of our team you can expect:
- An exciting, positive, creative, challenging and rewarding place to work
- A competitive reward package with annual bonus reviews based on performance
- A generous 40 days of combined annual leave and public holidays entitlement
- A competitive work package including defined contribution pension scheme (currently 4.5% employee and 14.5% employer contribution rates), family friendly initiatives, flexible working and much more
- Support to nurture your talent and reward success
Applicants must have the existing and ongoing right to work in the U.K. without restrictions as sponsorship for visas is not provided.
This role will be based within Edinburgh Innovations, at new state-of-the-art headquarters at Murchison House, on the King’s Buildings campus in Edinburgh, subject to lifting of COVID restrictions.
Current working arrangements are 100% on line at present with plan to move to hybrid working soon.