BioQuarter Bulletin November 2023
Find out more about our place, our people.
From the latest developments and opportunities, community activities, research breakthroughs, company and individual achievements, new facilities and innovations to upcoming events in this November 2023 issue of BioQuarter Bulletin, our regular round up of news from across Edinburgh BioQuarter.
- Foreword from Simon Best, OBE FRSE – Life Sciences Entrepreneur, University of Edinburgh Visiting Professor of Medicine, Chairman of BioQuarter Innovation Strategy Working Group, and Member of the Investment Committee, Old College Capital – looks back on developments that have generated start-up and spin-out successes and inward investment interest driving us to the next stage in the creation of Edinburgh’s Health Innovation District
- We welcomed an International Scottish Investment Delegation to showcase health innovation, high-growth investment opportunities and hosted meetings with some founding teams of high-potential startups
- CGT Catapult announced the launch of a new cooperative network, Scottish Advanced Therapy Medicinal Products (ATMP) and Vaccines, to foster collaboration and knowledge exchange
- LifeArc partners with PACE (Pathways to Antimicrobial Clinical Efficacy) – a £30 million initiative supporting early-stage innovation against AMR
- Scotland’s Life Sciences Awards recognise and celebrate the outstanding achievements of individuals and teams across the sector – deadline extended to 10th December!
- Our Place, Our People shares a selection of individual achievements and recent developments on BioQuarter
- Community Engagement welcome new community engagement volunteers to support our Science Buddies and ScienceMentors@Castlebrae programmes and immersive art exhibition pops up at Castlebrae Community Campus
- In Data Innovation, a team of researchers have created an easy-to-use database of health data from patients with a specific type of liver disease, and the DataLoch team has added valuable new data and expanded the DataLoch Respiratory Registry to increase novel research possibilities
- plus our Research Roundup and a selection of upcoming Industry Events
Keep up to date with all the news, views and future developments at Edinburgh BioQuarter.
Sign Up to BioQuarter Bulletin