Launch of the Advanced Care Research Centre (ACRC)
An online launch for the Advanced Care Research Centre (ACRC) will be held on Wednesday 3rd November, 9.30am-11.30am. There will also be satellite seminars on key topics in the afternoon and following days.
The ACRC has been up and running since the start of 2021, undertaking research to improve the understanding of care in later life to revolutionise how it is delivered; and COVID-19 has highlighted the need for major change in how society provides social care.
This is an opportunity to find out more about the work of the ACRC and developments in relevant issues, and participate in discussions.
Speeches and panel discussion:
- Prof. Bruce Guthrie, Professor of General Practice and Director, Advanced Care Research Centre (ACRC)
- Nigel Wilson, Group Chief Executive, Legal & General UK plc
- Prof. Sir Lewis Ritchie, Chair of the ACRC Advisory Board
- Prof. Jonathan Seckl, Senior Vice Principal, University of Edinburgh
- John Godfrey, Corporate Affairs Director, Legal & General and former Head of Policy at No 10 Downing Street
- Prof. Dame Louise Robinson, Professor of Primary Care and Ageing and Regius Professor of Ageing, Newcastle University
- Philomena O’Malley and Debbie Smith, Patient and Public Involvement members of the ACRC Advisory Board
- George Freeman MP, Minister for Science, Research and Innovation (invited)
- Kevin Stewart, Scottish Minister for Mental Wellbeing and Social Care (invited)
- Facilitated by former health journalist Pennie Taylor